Republican Congressional candidate Debbie Lesko, a former state Senator, prevailed over Democrat Dr. Hiral Tipirneni on April 24th in the nationally monitored special election in Arizona’s 8th District, but not before the Indian American had the GOP in a panic in this reddest outpost in the state.
Issuing an unprecedented advisory, the Indian embassy acknowledged in March that its phone lines were being spoofed in the U.S. by fraudsters seeking to cheat people out of money and warned people against being taken in by the suspicious phone calls.
Ram Villivalam, the Chicago-born candidate for Illinois Senate, resoundingly defeated incumbent Ira Silverstein in the Democratic primary in the 8th District. Facing no Republican challenger in the November general election, Villivalam is poised to become Illinois’ first Indian-American state senator.
They were two young men studying at Cambridge University when they met in the wake of the bloody Partition of British India. One was a Kashmiri-born Muslim and the other a Hindu-born Bengali.
- Over 1,500 join walk-run event in N.J. in memory of childhood cancer victim
- BAPS Women’s Conference across U.S. focuses on power of unity
- Rajasthan Rajya Sabha member credits BJP for progress in his state
- 4 Indian-American physicians indicted for illegally dispensing controlled substances
- Jaipur Foot heralded for its humanitarian efforts in India and beyond
- Calif. Lyft driver arrested for sexually assaulting woman passenger
- Graduate student found dead at Rutgers identified as Akash Taneja
- Entrepreneur Arun Bhumitra takes leap at Feinstein’s Senate seat
- Aspiring model found dead in Ft. Lauderdale doctor’s apartment
- EX-CEO of healthcare company charged in $300m investment fraud scheme
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.