At one point in their life Komal Mulchandani and her husband Jaideep, a childless couple from Jersey City, New Jersey, had only two options to become parents after they had exhausted all possible medical treatments for infertility — either go for adoption or find a surrogate who would be willing to carry the couple’s baby.
Anita Aysola remembers the hopeless feeling earlier this year. It was May 7, the day when Georgia’s Republican governor signed into law one of the nation’s most restrictive pieces of anti-abortion legislation to date. The law banned abortion after six weeks of pregnancy, when doctors can detect the fetal heartbeat — a stage of embryonic development that often occurs before many women even realize they are pregnant.
Uma Peters would rather let her brother Giri do all the talking. “It’s always been a little hard for me, talking,” the 12-year-old says. But hand her a gourd banjo or a clawhammer, and the preteen transforms into a musician way mature for her years. Accompanying her is 14-year-old Giri, the other half of the brother-sister duo from Nashville, Tennessee, who is making strides in the bluegrass music scene.
Nikki Haley, 47, the former South Carolina Republican Governor and erstwhile U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations — the only Indian American to serve in a cabinet level position to date — clearly has her sights set on the presidency in 2024. Apparently Vice President Mike Pence, who expects to run, is running scared as Haley has been dipping into his donor base and even has his former chief of staff Nick Ayers consulting for her.
- Indian-American couple battles odds in India and the U.S. to become parents through gestational surrogacy
- Indian-American community divided over Ro Khanna’s Tweet on Hindutva
- Indian-American couple, teen son die in car crash off Florida highway
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal castigates Modi government for human rights violations in Kashmir
- There won’t be a reversal of exodus of Kashmiri Pandits
- Indian-American couple from Connecticut among 34 killed in California boat fire
- President Trump to attend ‘Howdy Modi’ rally in Houston
- Kashmir issue roils lawmakers and pundits as Congress prepares for a hearing
- Silicon Valley Indian-American millennial launches bid for California Assembly seat
- Visa hell for India-born U.S. nationals
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.